The Gold Filter is the environmentally friendly alternative to the coffee capsule/pod and paper filters.
The Coffee For One 23 karat gold plated filter is easy to use:
- Simply set the filter on top of a cup or mug and add 15g FINE-MEDIUM ground coffee (your grind size should be such that it results in an extraction time of 2.5-3 minutes).
- Place the water regulator inside the filter.
- Pour 50mL hot water into the regulator to allow the coffee to ‘bloom’ for 20 seconds or so. Pour remaining 200mL hot water into the regulator and cover with the lid and allow the hot water to filter through the coffee.
- Brewing is finished when the regulator is empty (adjust your grind size to allow an extraction time of 2.5-3 minutes).
- Reverse the lid and use it as a drip catcher underneath the filter.